Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problem with new EQ6 mount telescope overbalancing

Hi

Thanks for the reply so basically what has happened is the thread hasn't been right for the bolt to screw in to yes? So what has been done has it been re drilled? What do you mean by not the same amount of thread left sorry to be a bit thick does that mean there is a chance the bolt could get stuck?

I personally thought that if there was a problem with the inside threads they might have replaced it as it was brand new anyway mostly in case something goes wrong with it further down the line after re drilling I was a bit nervous myself when they said that's what they had done but I guess Ill just wait and see as you said I guess if it had been serious they would have replaced

it, but I have to say after all this Im a bit nervous of the whole

mount :D

But the customer support has been flawless I would recommend them with no hesitation

Cheers

Carolyn

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to say got my mount back yesterday from Telescope House (sent back, fixed, returned in 3 days) and then at the same time I received a very nice email from Steve explaining what the problem was and what he had done to solve the problem.

I set it up today again and BINGO everything seems to be fine it seems to be locking up fine now and not tipping forward so just need a good night!

Thanks again to all who helped me and to Telescope House! :D

cheers

Carolyn

Archived