Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where next...

Just some advice required

My set up is the following

Celestron c8 xlt and eq5 mount

Skywatcher 80 equinox apo

Canon1000d modded , with clip filter from atronomik

I have mostly being doing some widefield pictures on a tripod using a 50mm prime lens and 35mm prime and on dark nights such as that 2 nights ago (moonless) have been happy with some 30second exposures of widefield views , and also surprised to see how much 'nebulocity' the modded canon picks up on these. However when I look close in photoshop there are minor star trails.

I have done some closer work with the equinox 80 on the eq5 mount and again we get into the realms of tracking errors.

So question is where next... had thought of a few options

1. Guided - I was thinking of maybe the skywatcher synguider, I have a 60mm portascope from celestron i picked up cheaply and though this maybe ok for a guidescope

2. Astrotrac - the pick up and go part of this appeals , and as I have a number of lens up to the 300mm range thought this maybe a useful option in that as I live in an urban area it may bive the option of pick up and go to a dark site - the drawback being the £800 price tag for the 'travel kit' which i would need

help :-)

Archived