Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Astronomy Club in Scottish Borders

Blackheart

Just on the off chance that anyone is nearby. I have started up a new astronomy club in the Scottish Borders, 20mins drive from Hawick and Galashiels.

Ancrum Astronomy Club meets in the village hall in the village of Ancrum, just off the A68. This is intended as a friendly informal club where likeminded people can get together to talk about and learn more about space and the hobby of astronomy. We had 13 at our first meeting and more people have voiced interest since, so it seems we are up and running.

We have raised funds for a community telescope and in time I hope to increase our range of equipment. I have this idea of kids in the local school giving a space presentation with photographs they have taken themselves.

The next meeting is on Tuesday October 5th, 7.30-8.30 ish! So if anyone lives nearby please feel free to drop in.

For more information contact:

the_flanston@hotmail.com

Cheers

Blackheart

• 1 year later...

Hi there, I live in Kelso and was about to start my own Astro club until i seen this post. I along with some friends have grown a real interest in astrology and star gazing alike. It would be great to come along and see you guys in Ancrum. Is the club still running?

Archived