NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Day 2 with first scope

Manok101

Ok, so most of the day I've been waiting to try out my first scope, I was unable yo do much viewing yesterday, due to a severe tstorm, and just before I got off work the sky was clear.... till I got home. Now it's overcast again. Hopefully sometime tonight or this week I will be able to start looking. How many of you experienced this when first starting astronomy?

This hobby has more to do with the weather than you probably imagined. It's not just the clouds that can be a challenge, even how humid the air is can alter the observing conditions. It's worth persisting for the really clear nights when the sky is beautiful. Good luck.

Ed

Experienced this this weekend. You would think living in Cyprus clear skys wouldn't be a problem but my first two nights I had my scope were humid with patchy high thin cloud, did get a chance to look at Jupiter and the moon which is something but seeing conditions weren't ideal. Hopefully clear night tonight.

Archived