NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

reducer for skymax-150

glennbech

In a last atempt to get any light through my skymax 150 (mak-cas) I am thinking of byuing a reducer for it. I am not sure if it is possible. Anyone?

I was looking at this.... Reducers/Flatteners - Meade f3.3 Focal Reducer

Seems flexible. a 3.3 reducer would turn the 6" f/12 into a f/4 or something @ around 500mm (its 1800 mm native)

The stock x0.33 reducer will definately not work!

It was designed many years ago for webcam sized CCD sensors, and even then poorly....

The problem with Maks is that they are designed for a f12 beam... the internal baffle causes vignetting if reducers are used ( the x0.63 reducer has be tried a few times.....)

Wide fields need faster systems. Sorry:(

ken

Hi, thanks for the feedback!

I can certainly live with vignetting. I was thinking of the mak+dslr for galaxy/planetary imaging.

If I could get the 0.63x to work, I would have a f/7 system @ around 1100 mm. This is not far from my newtonian, but the skymax is a lot more manageable. I would also get less problems with tracking...

OK

you'll need the adaptor from the Mak rear thread to the SCT thread, and an adaptor from SCT to either T thread or 2" or 1.25" depending on your arrangement. The distance from the reducer to the CCD imaging plane needs to be 110mm - this can be set-up using spacer rings etc.

Archived