Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time webcam imaging

Going to have a go with one of the SPC900 webcams tonight. Thought I'd have a go at some lunar imaging.

Going to be using the webcam though the 120 apo, I can go guided if need be but was wondering what should I be aiming for.

Will be using Sharpcap to aquire the avi's, just not sure how long I should be aiming for. Is a couple of minutes enough or do I need longer?

I have no barlow at the moment so it will just be the webcam straight into the scope. As its a bright moon is it worth using a 25% moon filter?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

With that image scale it would be worth doing a whole moon mosaic. 2 minutes at a time should be more than enough, the moon is a very bright target. A filter might improve contrast if you are shooting in mono but you should be able to get the individual exposures short enough to manage without. Have fun

Archived