NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter at opposition

jimness

Hello folks,

I've been lurking round this forum for a while but I think it's time to start posting and hopefully get some feedback / tips etc.! I have a Celestron 9.25 SCT on an EQ6 in a permanent shed with roof hacked off observatory, and have started imaging Jupiter recently with a Neximage and cheapo 2x Barlow (the TV Powermate 2.5x is currently in the post). This is my best so far from last night - though I intend to do some more processing on other captures I've got. Resampling in VirtualDub before going into Registax is one approach I'm yet to try....anyway I've got a long way to go before I can compete with some of the fabulous stuff I see in this forum!

Cheers

Jim

post-16662-133877484621_thumb.jpg

Why thank you!,

520 or so from 600 - 2 mins at 5fps (using the RAW colour mod in the Neximage). This is a pretty quick 'n dirty Registax output with a bit more in Photoshop - noise ninja, sharpened highlights, curves, colour balance. I captured loads with a 3x barlow too tho initially they look a bit blurry - I'll try a bit harder with them when I have more time (i.e. not at work!)

Jim

Archived