Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

bl***Y sea mist

starstalker

just got back from my darksite,, when i first got there the clouds were just breaking up and an amazing sky was above me, so set up the scope, polar aligned it and 3-star aligned it, all was good until i knocked the scope and put it out of alignment,so i started again,but i couldn't seem to find any of the alignment stars with the finderscope, after another 2 attempts i realised that the findersope was totally dewed up, i then looked towards some sodium lights nearby and realised i was totally surrounded in a really thick sea mist and everything was well and truly dewed up,ep's,finderscope the lot,so i packed up and came home!:) i was not impressed! time for a new darksite methinks:icon_scratch:

Learn not to kick your scope out of alignment ... or buy one that's heavy enough not to move when you kick it :)

Seriously, though, I'd be happy enough just to see a clear sky. The supply has been appallingly thin these last few months.

Archived