Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury crescent

yeti monster

This morning I awoke quite early, so I popped out to check the weather. It looked good, so I then nipped round to the workshop the collect the skymax 90 and take it up to the helideck.

It took a while to locate, but eventually I got him, looking quite yellow in the lightening sky.

Swapping from the 17mm WA to the 8mm I could clearly make out the crescent shape being persented to me, although viration and a strong beeze made things a tad fuzzy.

Going back up to the 12mm this time, things were better until an evil, little, inky black cloud spoilt things.

I took a brief look at Jupiter, 180 dergees away in the west and getting quite low. I could only see 2 moons, due probably to the sky becoming too light.

I didn't manage to get back to Mercury, but I pleased to have seen the crescent quite clearly.

Archived