NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

piggybacking?

There's usually a 1/4" screw built into the clamps which hold the tube/ dovetail...the camera just screws on.

If you want more control over the positioning of the camera you can add a ball and socket photographic adaptor to the screw, then mount the camera on that.

yeah i did think that was what the bolt was for but, when ever i screwed the camera on it always ended up pointing the wrong way, no matter where i started the thread from, am i being a complete tool?

I had that when I first attached a DSLR, so I just held the camera in position and screwed the bolt with a screwdriver from underneath..

There's also usually a "locking collar/ring" which can be used to lock the camera in the direction you want. Don't screw the camera on completely and run the ring up to lock it...either that or add a ball and socket camera adaptor.

Archived