Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Io and Jupiter (afocal - advice?)

george7378

Hi everyone,

I'm really pleased with what my camera/Registax can do with 13 seconds of video, and here's my best image yet. It's a shame that the GRS is not visible, but it still shows the belts (including a trace of the SEB), the zones and some nice festoons and bands, along with Io. Although I really like the way it came out, I was wondering - how do I remove the ghost ring encircling the planet? I feel it wold really add to the image if it was removed. Thanks.

P1000662.png

Hi everyone,

was wondering - how do I remove the ghost ring encircling the planet? I feel it wold really add to the image if it was removed. Thanks.

P1000662.png

There is a quick fix that can be used on this type of image although the results do not always show a great improvement.

Anyway,make separate layers for both the background and the planet,isolate the planet in the background layer and cut it out. Change the layer order so it sits on top of the planet and then use the 'transform tool' to expand the planet till the 'ghost ring' is hidden by the top layer.

That may sound a bit complicated but it really isn't and only takes a few moments.

post-13495-133877481553_thumb.png

Archived