NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to upgrade 130P Supatrak to Goto?

So I have a 130P Supatrak and sometime in the future I'm looking to upgrade it to Goto. How would I do this? Would I need to buy a whole new Goto mount, or do I just buy one of the Goto hand controllers and plug it in and away I go (wishful thinking, maybe?) :D

If I need to just get the Goto hand controller which one is it and how much are they (think they're pretty pricey, right?)

Thanks!

Hi yup all you should have to do is purchase a goto handset with the alt az firmware ( i think you can also flash an eq handset with the alt az firmware but i have not done this ) . I have the 127mak on supertrack which is the same mount as yours and i was able to get hold of a hanset which worked perfect , i also bought a spare at the time which was ment to be for a friend but he never used it so send me a pm if your interested it is already running on the correct firmware for your mount thanks .

I downgraded a Synscan Az mount to a Supatrak by just changing the handset so i guess yes...

Well actually I bought a Skywatcher Skyhawk 1145P SynScan AZ GOTO for £5 minus the handset and with a faulty DC socket... £10 for the handset on astrobbot and about £1.70 for the socket in Maplins... and awy to go...

Peter...

I downgraded a Synscan Az mount to a Supatrak by just changing the handset so i guess yes...

Well actually I bought a Skywatcher Skyhawk 1145P SynScan AZ GOTO for £5 minus the handset and with a faulty DC socket... £10 for the handset on astrobbot and about £1.70 for the socket in Maplins... and awy to go...

Peter...

That has to be the bargain of the year :D Love it!

Hi yup all you should have to do is purchase a goto handset with the alt az firmware ( i think you can also flash an eq handset with the alt az firmware but i have not done this ) . I have the 127mak on supertrack which is the same mount as yours and i was able to get hold of a hanset which worked perfect , i also bought a spare at the time which was ment to be for a friend but he never used it so send me a pm if your interested it is already running on the correct firmware for your mount thanks .

You have a PM!

Archived