Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Going to do some hard core observing.

Randoma

And by hard core, I mean extremely light polluted with street lamps on the 4th floor of a flat.

I have what I call, the Triangle Section for me, it's essentially the southren quarter. My current finds only have been M31, Double Cluster, and M13, no more since I haven't gotten to use the scope in a while since it arrived due to clouds. This quarter has a ton of DSOs, it'll be bad with all the light pollution but it's more fun than sitting the night out browsing forums. I can see really close to the horizon because i'm on the 4th floor and there aren't any buildings higher than this in the city, i'm surrounded by a block tho, but I can clearly see over/past them, since they're about on the same level as I am, a few meters higher maybe because i'm on a porch.

I might even have the Eagle Nebula in view, but could you suggest some DSOs to hunt down? I'll write it down later in DSO Observing. I know that there are quite a lot of Globulars here.

Archived