Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Synguider Autoguider Focusing

Last Monday I tried my Skywatcher Synguider for the first time. I had the autoguider fitted directly to the back of my Skywatcher Startravel 80mm refractor but could not get a star to even show never mind focus.

My question is would I need an extender between the autoguider and the ST80 or should this set up work as it is?

It's very likely as you have to add back in the distance lost by removing the diagonal.

I tend to use a 50mm extension with my fracs which means the focuser is racked in a lot more.

Take some time setting up a parafocal EP for the Synguider start on a very bright star .. vega is handy at the moment... i am using a 12mm reticule EP that getting the guide star in the center circle of the reticule pretty much guarantees it will be on the chip when you switch to the Synguider...

Peter...

Thanks Peter I will make sure I sort a parfocal EP next time I'm out.

I have a meade 9mm corded reticule (wish I'd opted for the non corded version now) that I use with my LX200. I've tried making a small lead so I can connect this to my power supply but it just wouldn't work. Do you know what voltage is needed for the 9mm corded reticule?

Archived