New scope

New scope arrived today. Hats off to FLO. Being hasseld by a low level glow over Kettering, Jupiters still low but can see two cloud belts and Io just peaking out off the rim. Well pleased. Wasn't in perfect collumation but is now and love the well placed T2 screw threads on everything. Crayfords smooth, nice engineering on everything, very good. Star test nice. Sadly it's just too dark to get the camera set up on it and get the combination of my various attachments right. Pleasently suprised by eyepieces, good contrast and colour, barlow seems good too. Not really clear enough yet, low hazy glow, it's good looking North and up, but Jupiters East! Oh, its a 150PL. First impression... I need stiffer legs on my old mount! Tops good, stiff vertically but a lot of horizontal wobble, need to sort that out. Tom

Hi ya. Yeah, done that. It's the horible weedy ali legs letting it twist I think. Heads good but let sown by the legs. The long term plan is to get some MBS extrusions to replace them, "offcuts" from work. Not tonight though.. scope time!

Enjoy your new scope.

Nowadays they always throw in a couple of very decent eyepieces.

I still have a couple junk EP's from old times.

Keep the mount legs in their lowest position. And fasten all the bolts and screws... maybe it helps.

Archived