SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

'Shane's Knobs' again

Moonshane

Hi all

I have having to use tools when collimating my newts and have converted the secondary adjusters on my 12" just fine.

My issue with my 6" is that it has a 1" secondary and the housing for the adjusters is even smaller.

I am thinking that if I could find some stainless steel M4 knurled thumbscrews that are about 50mm long and with a narrow (maybe 6mm diameter) knurled / diamond hatched but long (maybe 15mm) head this might do it.

Does anyone know where I might get such a thing or is there anyone out there that could make such a thing (x3 of course) perhaps on a lathe etc and charge me accordingly? If someone could even just make the stainless knurled ends, with a M4 hole tapped through then this would be great too as I could then glue them onto a suitable stainless rod.

I suppose I might try Bob's Knobs but looking at the site it appears he generally used quite large thumbscrew ends?

Cheers

Shane :o

Archived