Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - 31st August 2010

dweller25

Finally got to see the GRS and had moments of good seeing too :-)

I was out at 10:30pm and the seeing and low altitude (15') of Jupiter combined to give a dreadful view. So I just watched for a while and around 11pm Europa appeared just off the limb after a transit.

Waited until 11:30pm to start having a look by which time Jupiter had climbed to 25'.

The GRS was visible but seemed weak and did not really stand out, probably Jupiter needed to be a little higher for best results.

But I was happy to finally see the GRS and the level of detail was good and will improve as Jupiter climbs higher and gets closer.

Takahashi FS-128 at x148

31st August 2010, 22:59UT

Seeing AII/III

post-13701-13387747764_thumb.jpg

I like the soft rendering in your sketch. Drawing this way prevents adding detail you don't see. Great sketch!

Thanks Roel - that is exactly what I am trying to achieve. In my opinion if I did not soften it down it would look too sharp compared to the actual view.

Archived