NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro stuff made in Europe

Ags

In order to stimulate the Eurozone economy, I have decided to buy millions of Euros of astro stuff. But what astro stuff is actually made in the EU?

I believe Orion Optics UK makes its telescopes and its components in the UK, but they are a bit pricey (even for my multi-million stimulus package.... ;-). Who else is there? Are Baader products built in Germany or China?

In order to stimulate the Eurozone economy, I have decided to buy millions of Euros of astro stuff. But what astro stuff is actually made in the EU?

I believe Orion Optics UK makes its telescopes and its components in the UK, but they are a bit pricey (even for my multi-million stimulus package.... ;-). Who else is there? Are Baader products built in Germany or China?

Hyperions are made in China. Don't know about their other stuff.

Do TAL, Intes, Intes Micro etc count (USSR) ?

Zeiss is German of course but will diminish your euro supply remarkably quickly !.

Swarovski make some optical gear (eg: binoculars) and are Austrian - but even more euros needed :o

There are probably others but I can't think of them just now ....

Archived