NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging with a CCTV Cam.

3ggman

I have an unknown make of cctv camera that I woulld like to use for some imaging. The sensor is a B&W Sony T-340C (which means nothing to me).

So does anybody know how I can use this camera with my PC, the camera has a BNC output, is a video capture card the only way I can record a signal. Has anybody any tips on how to use a cctv camera effectively.

My other question is whether or I could shoot in color, would it be possible (if I can get it running and all that) to use filters on the lense to shot seperate RGB's and the compile them in photoshop.

Edit: As you can see I have already fitted a nose piece to the camera body ;)

post-19471-133877475198_thumb.jpg

3ggmamn

Take a look at the threads for JAI 1/2 CCD Mono..This is an industrial use camera not designed for Astrophotography. I have posted a picture of Jupiter from lastnight..Not great but for a complete novice it's a start.

Can't wait to see your images..Good luck with the weather for tonight it looks grim here..

Acme

Archived