EOS 5D MK2 v EOS 7D

Hi all,

sorry to bother you all again.

I bought the 5D MK1 but realised it didnt have the useful live veiw function that the 5D MK2 has. My Question is: Would you buy the 5D Mk2 or go for the EOS 7D?

I would appreciate your advice and help as I want to get it for Kelling.

Cheers

Andy

PS. You were all right about the 1000D - What a superb Camera that is! This was my first effort at the plough. Much to learn I know.

post-17369-133877474793_thumb.jpg

Are you intending to use it with a scope or just a camera lens. If you are going to use it with a scope it would be best if the scope can illuminate a full frame sensor properly. Also the 5D and 7D are heavy cameras and they will require a good focuser on the scope which will carry the weight without sagging. I have heard of some noise banding issues with the 7D when researching my last camera. I ended up buying a 550D which seems to have low noise and a good feature set for both astrophotography and normal daytime use.

Thanks!

I have decided to go for the 5D mk2.

I already have the lenses for it as I bought them when I had the 5D mk1 recently. They are: Canon EF-28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS-USM Lens and the Canon EF-100-400 f4.5-f5.6 L-IS-USM Zoom.

I will use both lenses and maybe attach it to the scope. Piggy back too I hope. All new to me, years of admiring you astrophotographers out there and just want to try the simple stuff myself.

This was a late Persied (maybe even a sporadic) I caught whilst doing a 3 mins exposure on the pole star, it's near the bottom of the pic.

post-17369-133877476365_thumb.jpg

Archived