Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi Everyone,

This is the region around Rho Ophiuchus, showing loads of nebulousity, The bright star Antares is just off the bottom left of the frame and is responsible for the strange colours due to the gas and dust being blown off in the front of Rho orp.

I have spent an age trying to process this as the colours look very artificial, especially the orange and pink parts, however I have looked at quite a few images of this region and the colours do appear to be true, surprisingly!

Have a look and make your own minds up, I think that maybe a lot more subs were needed to get the image more smooth but I'm happy with the final result, especially as its my first go at this target.

John

Taken in La Palma using my modded 450D and Astrotrac.

27 X 150 sec subs at ISO 800 using my Sigma 70/300 telephoto working at 300mm at F6.3

Darks and bias subtracted, stacked in Deep sky stacker and processed in Photoshop

post-15189-133877473395_thumb.jpg

Archived