NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tonights Mosaic

TopHouse

I'm absolutely gutted I missed a tiny little block with this, conditions were far from perfect, clumps of cloud kept drifting over, taking into consideration the conditions if it wasn't for that one tiny block I'd have been really pleased with this.

post-18181-133877473004_thumb.jpg

It was with 200P and toucam flashed to SPC900 no barlows in this, and it was 16 panes as I had quite a bit of overlap, but that missing block was a totally stupid mistake that I can't understand missing, it was for practice more than anything as at the moment the moon is low and the damned cloud is still about, some of the individual elements were very nice. To illustrate how bad conditions were, each panel was over 1000 frames, a couple of them, regi dropped down to 450 which to me is a lot! The good ones, it dropped to like 750. I'll add a couple of the good panes later along with some other shots I took.

Only filter was the IR block filter I have on the nosepiece, I agree a little less gain or a slightly faster shutter would have improved things a touch, that was only my second go at a full mosaic, the first one got cut short by cloud too. So hopefully when the conditions get better i'll have perfected things a bit with regards settings. I might also chance a red/orange filter as they seem to do well on lunar imaging with regards contrast & detail.

Archived