Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice on an EP please

Other things you need to think about aside from eyepieces:

A power supply or power tank - most other NexStar users on this forum seem to swear by these, and advise against relying on batteries. I find the batteries workable myself, and I've only just started experimenting with a power supply. So far my only experience is that power cords and the dark are not a good mix! I'm also less mobile without batteries.

A dew shield - for the past couple of months dew has been a big problem for me, and I'm hoping for a dew shield as a birthday present!

But then... a moon filter would also be a lovely present. And it's not beyond me to make a simple tube of neoprene, surely?

A red light torch is also useful - you can make yourself one for £2 with a tesco value torch and cheap red nail polish. I needed to do 4 thick layers of nail polish before the red was dark enough.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived