NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Moon pictures

valleyman

Always a good feeling getting the first Lunar shot Pat.

What camera did you use, and was it a projection, either eyepiece or Barlow?

Plenty of good detail, but there seems to be a network of sorts laying over part of the image. Any Idea what may have produced that.?

The moon is at a quite a low altitude, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Ron.

Hi Ron

Used a Celestron Nextimage Solar System with my 8" SCL No Barlow or lens, Straight onto the EP holder.

Moon was very low about -25 lat......The netting is I belive from my attempts with Registax to enhance the image. The seeing was very poor and had to dodge the clouds to get a few seconds clear view.

Hi Ron

Used a Celestron Nextimage Solar System with my 8" SCL No Barlow or lens, Straight onto the EP holder.

Moon was very low about -25 lat......The netting is I belive from my attempts with Registax to enhance the image. The seeing was very poor and had to dodge the clouds to get a few seconds clear view.

Cheers mate, that's a good Image scale. The low dec. moon won't have helped. You will have a better shot at it when she gets higher up. I always like the waning moon to image, it usually means losing Bo-Bo time though.:)

Ron.

Archived