Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pleasant Surprise.....

Digz

Well, the Perseids were pointless last night a gigantic cloud hung right in the way but as I went to bed last night I looked out of my window to the East to a bright 'star' - It was Jupiter!!!

I knew Jupiter was in that general direction but didn't realise it was above the horizon yet. Also it was in the general direction of oncoming aircraft landing at Bristol International Airport so I briefly put it down to being aircraft landing lights until I got my binos out.

All I can say is this is the first view of Jupiter with binos and I was blown away. I could make out three moons Callisto for sure, closest to Jupiter. The other two were either Ganymede, Io or Europa, I couldnt say which of the two though.

I cannot wait to get a glimpse with my SW250 I can all but guess at what extra detail is gonna be revealed compared to my binos (12 x 50)

Come on clear skies!!!!

Archived