NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New ep for me!

Having scoured the other forums I'm a member of I've found out that these are the same as the Apogee Orthoscopics that were sold by that USA supplier a while back. The concensus is that the various focal lengths vary a bit in performance with the 10.5mm being one of the better ones. Field of view is reported at around 48 degrees which is a little more than the classic "volcano top" orthos. They are not quite so well finished as the classic orthos or the Baader Genuine Orthos but they are priced at less than half those units so thats not suprising I guess. You might get a little off axis glare from bright objects but you could always blacken / flock the inside of the eyepiece barrel if it's an issue.

I reckon it will perform fine in your 90mm F/10 refractor. At the price you can hardly go wrong :p

Archived