NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Insurance...

AstroNerd

I'm about to move my equipment out into the obsy and as it happens my home insurance has come up for renewal.

So I've called around many places and not one will insure the equipment that's in a roll off roof obsy. Not one !!! :p

Anyone come across this ??

Yup ! Have a serch for insurance on here and theres been at least 2 long threads on the subject.

I called round because my stuff is portable and transported to sites and no one will give me copver apart from one company with the stipulation it wont be covered while its in a car in transit and they wanted £160 a year which is a bit excessive to my mind.

Insurance....I don't believe it....it's a rip off.

erm...build the observatrory to a high security standard. Why should you even think about compensation for something you want to indulge in?

If you're in a high risk area don't do it... you weigh up the risk.

I've just finished building an observatory/roll/on/roll off roof...

Do you honestly expect me to increase your household insurance premiums for this...I don't think so.

Regards

All Keithp

Archived