what do people think about ...

Bresser Lyra 70mm Telescope < i have just read a description on it and i am only just starting out so do poeple think it's good for a beginner?

Sorry it's me again !

If you were on a very limited budget then it does at least get you started but I feel the 70mm aperture would mean that, assuming your interest continues, you would quickly want to upgrade to something with more potential.

Viewing deep sky objects (nebulae, galaxies and clusters) would be very limited and the planetary views might leave you wanting more as well.

You can get these scopes for around £50 from Lidl stores from time to time.

no worries, at least you are helping me towards my new hobby, i have 250 to spend so really i want something that will get me going at a reasonably high standard and show me well detailed galaxies constellations nebulae etc. so i really just want opinions on the better types i should aim towards.

cheers hallam

Archived