NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi can anyone please tell me what this banding is , now i have stretch'ed this a little bit, that is to stand the banding out a little bit more also there is a dust spot on the top off m31 which i'am aware of, it was taken with a ED80 through my 450d also i was using a 2 inch skywatcher filter.the subs where at 300 secs long.

post-20303-133877467823_thumb.jpg

apart from anything else I would say the picture is way over stretched. The core is burnt out and the background too light. Start again and be more careful with the stretching, in particular do not shift the white point. With the background set to about 12-15% brightness or 28-30-33 in RGB levels (approx PS measurements) and it should improve a lot. The stripy effect may be a bias artefact which may disappear with a darker background.

Dennis

hi dennis thanks for responding i know about me overstrtching it because i did that on purpose to show the banding more as i i'am confused in what it is. is it because of my new filter and now i'am doing lengths off 5 miniute's creating loads of noise ?

No I would not bother with 60 darks, I usually find between 10 and 20 darks is plenty. Also not that Bias frames only need to be taken once, so get a large number of these and make a 'master bias' frame in DSS.

yeah ok thanks i knew about the bias that i only needed one set for everythink but i only kept about 15 so i have decided to raise that to 60 maybe more ?.

also the problem i'am getting is that when i start to stretch it in photoshop it does'nt take alot to start to show alot of noise. i don't know if i'am doing anythink wrong as this is the first time that i'am adventuring to the five miniute mark for the exposers.

ok also i have noticed that soon as i go into photoshop i don't have to set the black point because the graph is all over to the left already which is the first for me as because normally i can set the black point first then on to the curves

Archived