Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

"Rough and ready" Veil Nebula in Ha

GordonH

Hi All

I've just started the Ha data on my next project, the Veil nebula, but last night was very frustrating due to waiting half an hour for it to clear my house, then clouds stopped me starting, a meridian flip and the auto guider throwing a wobbly when dithering due to a similar bright star nearby. This meant having to stop and start the imaging run and recalibrating the auto guider several times during the night. In the end I managed to get 5x20 minutes with the FSQ106ED f5 and Starlight Xpress SXVF H36 (a perfect marriage for this subject)

This is my fourth or fifth go at this area with various combinations of equipment, all earlier efforts can be seen in the image gallery on my website http://www.imagingtheheavens.co.uk

I will be adding some more Ha data to this before adding the OIII and SII as soon as the weather plays ball again and mapping it to the HST palette

Thanks for looking

Best wishes and clear skies

Gordon

post-13589-133877466904_thumb.jpg

Archived