NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Laptop parameters??

I wish to get a laptop for use with a ToUcam for planetary photographs. The information so far is sketchy, and advises particular laptops.

I would like to know the minimum requirements of a laptop to be successfully used for this type of imaging. Such information as size in Mb or Gb for it, speed and anything else that should be considered. Ports and other such mysteries should also be included, so that I may buy THE laptop and be sure that I will be able to make full use of it for the job in mind. It would be nice to go into the shop and tell the man what I need, and let him sell me the tool for the job, having got all the facts he needs.

In other words, Help!

Pretty much ANY new laptop will be up to the job. Which webcam are you going to use.

I've read that the Toucam ProII isn't compatible with Windows 7 (but I suspect that could be got around - maybe by flashing firmware to the SPC900).

I have the Philips SPC900 and it does work OK with Windows 7. Also Registax and K3CCD (the software that you'll probably need) both work with Windows 7.

Hard disc space can be an issue - but new laptops tend to be fairly heavy on HDD space, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also RAM for the processing - more is better.

HTH

Ant

Hi Ant

I have a ToUcam, about fives years old, I think its the 740 pro, and Win 7.

I did use it when I bought it new, but never got around to any processing I remember. This time, though......

Archived