Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Webcam, Aperture, Barlows?

TopHouse

After my little venture into webcam planetary and lunar I have a question. (trust me, there'll be more!)

Given my 8" aperture (200P) what barlows do you think I could use safely? I was thinking the Tal 3X as a no brainer definite, but how about the Antares x5? would that be too much? I already have 3 2x barlows, one Antares and two of the skywatcher deluxe.

I'm aware of stacking and extending etc but am thinking at least one of the above is almost a necessity.

Thanks in advance,

Dion

Dion, I'm no expert and more in the experimenting state myself. I have used a x2 and an Antares x5 stacked.. Silly hard to use... but... it worked on my 80mm refractor...

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar/102398-lunar-craters-21st-april.html

not the best, but it was just a daft experiment... way way beyond what I really ought to limit it to.

I'd say give it a go and see what works for you. Bear in mind that as you up the magnification, so the available light also falls off on the camera and you have to push the settings harder.

Archived