Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD Guiding - bullseye

Just a quick query, and the answer is probably no.

Is it possible to move the bullsye feature in PHD Guiding on the screen? It's just that, rather than fiddling the guidescope so that the star sits in the centre of the bullseye, it seems far simpler to just move the bullseye. After all, the guide star doesn't really need to be exactly in the centre of the view. I'd like to use the bullseye, but never do for this reason.

in PHD Guiding the guide star doesn't have to be in the Bullseye it can be just about anywhere in the camera's FOV (not too close to the edge)...

I tend to use the grid to check rather than the bullseye... The only time i use the bullseye is when I am using the guide cam to perfom mount alignment...

Peter...

in PHD Guiding the guide star doesn't have to be in the Bullseye it can be just about anywhere in the camera's FOV (not too close to the edge)...

I understand that bit, and I generally just have the guide star somewhere not too close to the edge, but it would be nice to be able to move the bullseye to wherever you want it. For instance, if I set up the scope so that it is pointing directly at the subject to be imaged, and have selected a guide star, I generally then slew to a bright star to focus, then back to the object. If I could set the guidestar back to its original position, i.e. directly on a bullseye, then I would know that I have positioned it exactly as before.

Thanks to Peter for the info on this.

This really is a brilliant little program. Basically, it creates a transparent floating window with a reticle that stays on top all the time, and can be moved about the screen. You can also adjust the brightness.

post-16549-133877464553_thumb.jpg

Cheer's to Merlin66 (Ken) for keeping us informed of the updates... the program seems to be being "actively" developed - You can do quite a bit more than that as well... rotating the reticle etc..

Al also does a Grid/Thirds Reticle for framing, an astro clock, and some other stuff...

All available on a Cool Australian Astro forum...

Peter...

Archived