NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ah well....

scotty365

The skys are clear but conditions look really poor, I can see objects looking straight up but even then it poor viewing. Hopefully it'll clear abit or its gonna be a lunar viewing night either way its 6am start at work so its gunna be an early (relatively you see :rolleyes:) night.

Scotty

Here too! Exactly the same - clear, but can't see any stars. Where are you scotty?

I went out last night with two appallingly poor pairs of binos. One was a tasco 8*21, the other a zoom 7-21*21 Sunagor (never heard of it!) Moonless, but couldn't see nothing.

Astro P

Astro Soc of Glasgow had an "observing evening" for members last night - 21 turned up and we had a 16" SCT, an 8" SCT, a 10" Dob, a 5" TMB Apo and a several sets of binoc's between us. It started clear at about 7.30pm, but by 8.45pm was really hazy - very poor seeing.

One thing we did see was a nice double - Alfirk. Never looked at it before - a lovely sight, almost up to the standard of Albireo. Another was Gamma Andromedae - another little cracker.

At 9pm we had a 20 min presentation on "Collimating Your Newt" - from Bob Bower, who is giving one of the main talks at Kielder next weekend - He is a single Malt man and is bringing some Talisker :rolleyes: He seems to think it is better than my Highland Park - Oh well, everyone has their little peccadilloes.

At 9.30pm 4 of us went to the dome and started work on Polar Aligning the 16" SCT - a hard task as Polaris was barely visiable - I left at 10.15pm - they may stll be there now.

Tom

Actually, some authorities allow "couldn't see nothing" as an intensified version of "could see nothing," rejecting the claim that a double negative makes a positive, as this is language, not mathematics. I'm OK with it in informal speech. Sometimes ya can't get nothing right, eh?

Archived