NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beginner North America & Pelican

Thematics

Ok been lurking on this forum for a while looking at all the pretty pics, and accidentally bought an eq6 heh a couple of weeks ago. Still don't really know what i'm doing haha. This was probably 2nd attempt at any imaging, aligning...etc. Actually remembered to align (i think) to three stars this time....after doing my own style of polar alignment, lots of head scratching and 'that'll do's'.

Am using a sony a700 dslr and tamron 200-500mm @200 f5.6, yeh nothing really telescope-y yet but it was sitting on my brothers old 4 inch newtonian, which has a tripod socket to put the cam on. Haven't made a way to attach it straight to the mount yet - Also in the middle of modifying a webcam (well, just need to extend the usb) so i can guide through the newtonian, hopefully, but at this magnification it's not too urgent.

6 x 5 mins

4759798563_f5ac8cba3a_b.jpg

You can sorta see it! A lot better than my first attempt at least - that was only at 50mm, so little detail if any. Umm i dunno i just wanted to post it really, all comments welcome. Not really sure how to go with the colour etc. Just trying to draw out the actual subject right now. Trial and error.

Also found a sort of scraped texture after stacking, visible above 50% zoom, for example:

scrapecrop.jpg

I used Deep sky stacker without any flats, darks, bias as i don't know what they do yet. Just wandering if anyone knows how to eliminate this straight off.

Cheers.

Archived