Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn First Time Through My Inexpensive Telescope

Hi,

tonight i saw Saturn through a telescope (a cheap one though) for the first time. and it blew me away. it has been cloudy over here whole these days and tonight it got clear for the first time.

i saw Saturn was about to go behind the roof and quickly grabbed my Skywatcher 60/700 and set it on tripod. i knew i didn't have much time so i did not bother attaching the finder scope instead i went the traditional way :p. it was very easy to get it into the field of view and i was using 10mm EP (only 70x magnification).

i still need to work on how to focus with the 2x barlow.

although it was only 70x i could see it very sharp and clear. i could almost see the cloudbands :D. never expected it to be this good with a telescope so cheap.

looking forward to see Jupiter :evil6:

Ali.

You never forget your first view of saturn.

Are you having problems focusing with the barlow? It could be that with the barlow installed, the focuser tube isn't long enough to reach focus. You could try carefully withdrawing the eyepiece whilst looking through it to see if the focus improves, if it does you'll need an extension tube.

...Are you having problems focusing with the barlow? It could be that with the barlow installed, the focuser tube isn't long enough to reach focus. You could try carefully withdrawing the eyepiece whilst looking through it to see if the focus improves, if it does you'll need an extension tube.

actually i think it is the other way round, because i seem to get closer and closer to getting it in focus when i contract the focusing tube. but it gets to the limit before i get it in focus. last night i tried with Jupiter. might this be a defect in the barlow? or am i doing something wrong?

Archived