Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 27th June 2010

chrisrnuttall

Hello!

Here is Jupiter from this morning.

I have already hand written all the notes in my sketch book, and I can't be bothered typing them all out again as i am short of time - sorry! If you are interested please read them in the attachment.

I have just seen DarkerSky's sketch from this morning and it ocurs to me that i may have named some of the belts wrongly, but they look the same and that's good enough for me!

hope you like it.

Chris

post-17454-133877459134_thumb.jpg

Nice one Chris. Some really super detail there - and all in colour too. I dont have the skill or pencils to do colour!!

Really nice to see that you got some clear division in the NEB components. From what I have seen so far - and yours and Dweller's sketches confirm it - that the NTB seems to be quite a strong feature at the mo

BTW. I really like the silvery texture you've got in the Equatorial Zone. It is very realistic

Thanks guys.

It is my first Jupiter this year, the neighbours' house has been in the way til now.

I reckon there was more to be seen in the NEB especially but the daylight and haze were making it impossible to magnify too highly although the seeing would have taken it.

I'm looking forward to getting some good views of Jupiter this year (if the summer carries on) as the elevation is better than it has been lately and i read recently that when the SEB comes back it could trigger all sorts of chaos......

The EZ was done by just whizzling around a dirty blending stump!

and for the record i got up, observed and went back to bed at 6:00.

Must - have - sleeep.

Archived