Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crescent Nebula Widefield....

RichieJarvis

You have the Starlight express, quite a few people have the Atik , and I am sure I saw a QSI being used on here soemwhere and then theres the QHY9...

I would love to see a side by side same night shoot out between the various cameras same scopes same filters same night... cant see it happenign though...

Peter...

Peter, that's surely the older Kodak chip Richie's using. Same as in our Atik 4000s. It's square for one thing...

Richie!!! That's fantastic. Good old Genesis; those stars are tickety-boo right into the corners. I'm so relieved and delighted. That scope will run and run. What did the flats look like? Was there a lot of vignetting?

The picture is terrific and don't forget that in the next panel you could pull in the famous Soap Bubble nebula.

Olly

Hi Olly - Nope - its a KAF8300 - the SXVR-H18 (here) - not the H16.

There was a lot of vignetting - caused by me being skint now and not being able to afford a set of 2" filters (donations anyone?) Have a look at this thread: http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-discussion/107235-sxvr-h18-flat-field-1-25-filters.html - Its pretty bad, but the flats seem to sort it out.

Soap Bubble Nebula? Hmmm.... Beyond my limit at the moment with the short nights. Don't want to run 20 minute subs! Maybe later in the year.

The Genesis is doing sterling work as you can see Olly - many many thanks for letting it come my way :D Feel free to give her a visit if your ever in the South of England!

Cheers,

Richie

Very Nice Ritchie, I tried last night but what with the poor seeing, the moon I don't have a H-alpha filter and my Mark1 eyeballs killing me due to the pollen I gave up.

BTW am I Adam? No offence taken BTW if that was me - been called a lot lot worse!

Pete

Archived