NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maim DL essentials

Can anyone help with some advice on Maxium DL Essential please?

I'm using it as the capture software with my new (to me) Orion StarShot Solar System Color Imaging Camera II.

Firstly, I've noticed that if I increase the resolution of the Live Video Window to the maximum (1280x1024) I loose the Camera Control Window. It disappears behind the Live Video Window and I cannot get it back on top. This means I have to keep minimising and maximising or turn the resolution down to 680x480 and struggle to see detail.

Secondly, if I'm taking a series of single shots rather than video footage, do I have to save each one individually or is there some way I can set it up to save them all when I close DL or just automatically? If I have to do it individually, do I have to do it immediately after I capture the image and before taking another one? I took 40+ shots of the moon on Wednesday, but only one seems to have save (see the lunar imaging section). All the rest have disappeared into the ether!

Many thanks!

I used to have have a SSSS II a few years ago. I never got on with the supplied software so switched over to using Craterlet which is a lot easier to use with non of the problems of Maximdll essenstials. The preview screen stays the same at all capture resolutions and can save individual frames or capture in AVI format. The only problem with the software I found was that if you close Craterlet then restart the program the program resets the capture count back to zero and could overwrite any previously captured images.

Peter

Archived