NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 and M82

ashworthacca

Why not paste the good sky onto the good galaxies and use Colour Select to pick the background sky. Select Inverse and erase the bright stuff, allowing the good galaxies through, and flatten. If you get boundaries just don't apply the top layer at 100%.

Olly

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not paste the good sky onto the good galaxies and use Colour Select to pick the background sky. Select Inverse and erase the bright stuff, allowing the good galaxies through, and flatten. If you get boundaries just don't apply the top layer at 100%.

Olly

Thanks Olly, why didn't I think of that? I'll give it a go to see what I can do.

Regards

Nicely one, more detail in the galaxies... give Olly's suggestion a try for the background... If you have a spare 2 or 3 hours... you could start again... I suspect the background deterioration is from the adjustments to the processed image, presumably with noise reduction and sharpening appled... The other option... select the two galaxies, apply a feather to the selection and apply the curve (make it a bit more gentle maybe) to the selection...

Nicely one, more detail in the galaxies... give Olly's suggestion a try for the background... If you have a spare 2 or 3 hours... you could start again... I suspect the background deterioration is from the adjustments to the processed image, presumably with noise reduction and sharpening appled... The other option... select the two galaxies, apply a feather to the selection and apply the curve (make it a bit more gentle maybe) to the selection...

I'm taking inboard everyones tips and will probably start this one again.....good practice for starters but also because I do feel there is quite a bit more that I can eventually do with this......with practice.

Cheers John

Archived