Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

using a teleconverter

Hi all,

I have got a Canon EOS 1000D which I bought a year ago or so, when I bought it from Warehouse Express I spoke to the salesman and told him what I wanted it for ie astro photography.

I asked him for a teleconverter for this purpose, he sold me a Kenko C-AF 1.5x teleconverter.

I got it all set up on my scope and when I tried to take a picture it comes up with and error message.

Now the teleconverter has the autofocus control pins facing the scope and they are not getting a signal back from a lens so this is why I think I am getting an error, Is there a way of bypassing this?

I have also bought a manual teleconverter from an older Canon and the relvevant adaptor rings to convert to the old style fitment. but unfortunately I have lent my camera to my Sister for the weekend whilst she is at the Moto GP and I cannot test it on my scope!!!!

I thought that getting a teleconverter would increase the cameras power like a barlow lens does on an eyepiece is that right?

Yes thats the error message I get, can it be bypassed?

I tend to use "dumb" T mount teleconvertors rather than "inteligent" EOS ones...

The cameras are happy if no lens is connected but I guess the TC might not like having a proper EOS lens connected the other side of it... I gues it works if you do that...

Peter...

Nice one John :rolleyes:

I guess its a case of "all or nothing" with the electronics between camera and lens which is why its happy with a t-mount convertor but chucks up errors with the intelligent convertors...

Just remeber to take the tape of when you use the TC with normal lenses again...

Peter..

Archived