NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HaLRGB Question : How to.

Catanonia

Just got my Ha filter and was wondering if anyone could give me a

a. CS3 workplan

or

b. MaximDL 5 workplan

on how to combine the Ha frames to the LRGB image without ending up with pink colours.

I bookmarked a post about layering in the Ha gradually to avoid issues, but didn't quite understand it.

Can anyone give me a step by step idiots guide. I am versed with CS3 and MaximDL

Thanks

I mix the raw red and Ha 50/50 with layers add the Green and Blue and process as a RGB image and then sometimes add another Ha layer "set to lighten" and stretched with curves to the new red channel from the resulting RGB image.

Hope that makes sense,:)

Mike

I tend to add the Ha to red in Photoshop using blend mode Lighten. I sometimes see what happens if use a partial addition to red using blend mode Normal as well, so pretty sililar to Mike' s method, I'd say.

However, I do think a very low application as luminance can be worth having sometimes. It helps pick up faint structure in nebulae and faint background sky features. I keep it low - ten percent-ish - to avoid the pink-out with blue star haloes.

Peter, thanks for the Gendler link. I'll take a look.

Olly

Archived