Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Question over Big-Bang

I have tried to understand the reasoning but as it is such a complex subject without extremely clear english and a book marked "the inflation theory for idiots" that I fear my brain will explode too if i try to follow this thread.

:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July is a plagiarist. Almost everything in

maybe you are right but you should ask a spcialized scientist..and take into your consideration:

In Einstein's universe, time and distance may stretch like rubber, but the speed of light remains immutable…you are confusing yourself by thinking of the rate of expansion as a speed. It's not. It's a percentage per unit time, approximately H = 0.007% per million years. What you describe here is the case of a constant Hubble parameter, which is equivalent to

exponential acceleration.

In a non-accelerating universe the Hubble parameter will be proportional to 1/t. Distance d = v*t, v=const -> H = d/v ~ 1/t.

Observations and measurements in 1998 surprised most scientists, including those doing the work, finding the expansion of the universe is currently accelerating , although the Hubble factor is still decreasing over time.

The Hubble "constant" is not really constant varying with time according to your choice of cosmological model.

Try as a starter: http://www.physicsforums.com/newrepl...te=1&p=2413312

and New Wrights tutorial and FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions in Cosmology

was copied and pasted without attribution from other sources. The details follow.

In Einstein's universe, time and distance may stretch like rubber, but the speed of light remains immutable
comes from the title of an article

Speed limit: in Einstein's universe, time and distance may stretch like rubber, but the speed of light remains immutable | Natural History | Find Articles at BNET

by Neil deGrasse Tyson, the director of Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History.

Everything else comes from posts by various people in the thread

Does Hubble's law implies accelerated expansion?

at Physics Forums, where I am a moderator.

you are confusing yourself by thinking of the rate of expansion as a speed. It's not. It's a percentage per unit time, approximately H = 0.007% per million years.

is from post #2 by ZikZak in the Physics Forums thread.

What you describe here is the case of a constant Hubble parameter, which is equivalent to exponential acceleration.

In a non-accelerating universe the Hubble parameter will be proportional to 1/t. Distance d = v*t, v=const -> H = d/v ~ 1/t.

is from post #5 by Ich. Even the line break is copied.

Observations and measurements in 1998 surprised most scientists, including those doing the work, finding the expansion of the universe is currently accelerating , although the Hubble factor is still decreasing over time.

The Hubble "constant" is not really constant varying with time according to your choice of cosmological model.

Try as a starter: http://www.physicsforums.com/newrepl...te=1&p=2413312

and New Wrights tutorial and FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions in Cosmology

is copied from post #4 by Naty1. Even the incorrect spelling of Ned Wright's name is copied.

Archived