SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 - my most colourful globular to date.

Hi all,

When I originally processed this I suddenly realized that compared to the individual frames, my end result was distinctly lacking in colour so I decided to give it another bash before posting. My goal was therefore to try and bring out as many stars as possible while maintaining a nice variety of star colours.

The result is the most colourful globular I have ever produced and keeping in mind that I am still fumbling around in Paint Shop Pro without really knowing what I am doing, I am very happy with the result, (although I appreciate that I have still got a long way to goto match some of the incredible globulars I have seen posted here).

So here it is, the sum of 24 x 43 second exposures + some darks using my usual C8 SCT + HEQ5 Pro + Canon 400D from my tiny light poluted back garden.

I have attached the full picture plus a crop of the core for your viewing pleasure :)

As always thanks for looking.

:D

post-14420-13387745003_thumb.jpg

post-14420-133877450038_thumb.jpg

That is great.

I'm not a big fan of globulars (they all look the same to me!) but at least M13 shows some real colour with the contast in the blue and gold stars which comes out in your image.

Archived