Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galvoptics secondary mirrors

I have been trying to get in touch with Galvoptics but seem to be struggling for some reason. So I thought to ask the question on SGL.

Does anyone know the % reflectivity and the wavefront specs of there secondary elliptical flats?

Thanks.

Glen.

Hi Glen, Galvoptics was the old name for:- Image Optics, Harvey Road, Burnt Mills Industrial Estate, Basildon, Essex, SS13 1ES. Phone 01268 728477.

Web www.image-optics.fsnet.co.uk/ I have a catalogue, sounds like standard coatings & they just say 1/8 wave for primary mirrors, not stated for secondaries.

They list secondary mirrors from 25mm up to 102mm minor axis. They are only 10 miles from me, I have used them over the years for mirror recoating, taking & collecting, saves sweating whether they will stay in one piece !! Regards, Ed.

Thanks Ed,

I have used them before for coating a 16". I will try and get in touch again this week.

I was hoping for a 96% reflectivity and about 1/15 wave minimum. I'm just trying to keep the cost down on a project. I know Antares and Protstar do these upto 1/30 wave:eek: Very expensive though.

Thanks.

Glen.

Archived