Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Brief non-observing report

Although the sky was clear at dusk, I decided not to drag the scope outside, as the transparency has been so awful, and "House" was on TV. I went out again about midnight, after Letterman had done his top 10 list, and found that we were having one of the better nights we've had lately. I could see many more stars than usual, and by averted vision kept seeing this hazy patch of stars to the east. Finally slapped my head and realized it was the Pleiades, at a nice observing height. Went inside and got my 6x30 finder and used it to look at the Seven Sisters, and also found M31 pretty easily. Tried for a couple of clusters around Cassiopeia and Perseus, but they weren't so easy.

It was really our first winter sky, although the temperature was probably about 15 degrees.

Sounds like a nice night out there WH well at dusk even. Winter Nights are coming and i can't wait for em to get here had hints of the sky getting that little bit darker with the stars shining as pin points of light whilst out in the countryside the other night and with Orion showing its self the buzz was beginning to buzz :wink:

Archived