Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Olympus 135mm First Light(s)

Some time ago, I inherited a complete Olympus OM1 Film camera and a couple of lenses and it has always been my intention to try the 135mm telephoto lens for some widefield work. Last night I had a fairly good sky so I set up the Olympus mounted on top of my ST80 guide camera and had a go at a full constellation shot of Lyra and the NGC7000 region of Cygnus to see how it would perform. I set the 2.8 lens to an aperture of F4 and took a mix of 150 and 200 second exposures.

post-13675-133877447993_thumb.jpg

post-13675-1338774480_thumb.jpg

post-13675-133877448005_thumb.jpg

Nice shots Steve what camera/CCD?

There are some really nice lenses out there from the day of 35mm and seing as they were "designed" to work with a much bigger "sensor" have no probs producing decent images on APS-C sized sensors...looks like flats May be needed I found that the nifty 50 on the 1000D didnt need them...

I have a load of lenses to work through need to get a few more adaptors to use them with the DSLR's...

Peter..

Sorry, Peter, I should have said, the CCD was my SXVF-M25C with a Hutech IDAS LP filter. You are right, these old lenses should perform and the Olympus is a beautifully constructed lens. Next to try is my wife's Tamron 90mm Macro lens (bit of a contradiction using a macro but I think it will be fine!).

Sorry, Peter, I should have said, the CCD was my SXVF-M25C with a Hutech IDAS LP filter. You are right, these old lenses should perform and the Olympus is a beautifully constructed lens. Next to try is my wife's Tamron 90mm Macro lens (bit of a contradiction using a macro but I think it will be fine!).

I have tried my Sigma 50mm and 180mm APO macro lenses and infinity focus is "touchy" as they are designed to give a lot of focus travel over close subjects... but once its achieved they work well...

I still cant get over the results from the nifty 50 especially when stopped down to f4... i have yet to try the Sigma 10-20 and the Nikkor's

Peter...

Archived