NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wide field NGC4565

lukebl

Hi,

This is my very first effort from last night now that I've got my scope on a permanent pier and obsy. Although I can't see Polaris, aligned the mount using drift alignment (it really is not difficult or time consuming at all!), and am getting really good exposures at last with no drifting.

Aside from the obvious coma problems, I'm quite pleased. On the original TIFF you can make out loads of faint fuzzies.

12 x 360s exposures

Unmodded Canon 400D

Skywatcher 200 (1000mm f/5), guided with SPC900 webcam/ST 80/PHD guiding

Darks & flats

DeepSkyStacker

ngc4565b.jpg

Just wondered if it was worth getting a coma corrector on what is a fairly inexpensive scope? Would it affect the ability to get to prime focus with the Canon DSLR?

Best wishes,

Nicely captured Luke... like the deatil in the dust lanes and congrats on the alignment the center field stars are nice and round :D

With centered galaxy shots its not so noticable but once you start on the larger targets its nice to have round stars Corner to corner..

I think the comma corrector would be a worthwhile investment allowing you get much better star shapes inthe corners and around the edges...

Archived