NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CPC 925

Well I have just ordered my cpc 925 from Opticstar (Manchester) so delivery is scheduled for Monday. I bought a dew cap and a lead extension and also got an upgrade on the free camera. I will hopefully write up a report on my first light whenever that may be. Steve. :)

I have the CPC 9.25, its a fantastic piece of kit. Large but nice ergonomics so its quite portable, Easy to set up, so comfortable to use visually, quiet in operation so it doesn't wake the neighbours at 2am. Seated you can almost forget that the scopes there and just get lost in the amazing views.

Get an adjustable height chair or stool, fork mounted SCT's are easy to use sat down.

One of these.

3-in-1 Portable Jumpstarter : Caravan & Camping : Maplin

If you can I'd void the ones with lots of extra Gizmo's, air pumps, radio's, strobes and stuff. Apparently the power surge if they get turned on accidentally can fry your scope... Or so I read on CN a week or so ago, written by someone who fixes LX's for Meade so I was inclined to take it seriously.

I don't think powering a scope from the mains is the safest thing to do with everything getting soaking wet from dew, 12Vs the best idea.

The only problem I had with the CPC was not liking the supplied finder, I swapped it for a 9x50 RACI version straight off, much easier to use. The 9.25 ota has extra screws so you can easilly add multiple standard Vixen/Skywatcher finder bases. I use the 9x50 and a red dot, makes initial set up very easy.

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-right-angle-finderscopes.htm

Archived