Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 & M57

I'm still getting to grips with the whole image stacing thing. I've only taken single frames in the past. A couple of camparative images from the last night and the night of the 4th.

First off M13:

10x120sec subs @ 800ISO + 5darks stacked in Registax5 and 'de-light-pollutioned' in CS3

4584940620_7c52b62aed_b.jpg

Next, M13 again:

1x300s @ 800ISO no dark and 'de-light-pollutioned' in CS3

4584870991_098ede2023_b.jpg

Finally M57:

1x180s @ 800ISO no dark and 'de-light-pollutioned' in CS3

4585494256_b1f747bd13_b.jpg

All captured using a (stock) Canon 350D through a Scopos TL805. Guided using PHD, SSAG & ST80 mounted in parallel with the TL8050 on an HEQ5Pro.

The single 300s exp of M13, while definately noisier than the stacked 12s sec image, seems (to me) to be far crisper.

comments / suggestions, are ofc welcomed

TIA

Paul

Good captures Paul.

Thay all look very blue though....M57 is predominantly red at this image scale. Maybe something that happened when you 'de-light polluted' them?

I would also suggest going for more darks if you can. Too few darks (or flats/bias) will add noise to the image, and 5 is too few really.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the coments. Yes they are rather blue. I was trying for a neutral a sky as possible, and given the LP here in N London, it meant dropping a lot of red from the image. I guess the best approach is to filter out as much of the LP as possible before it ends up on the sensor, as opposed to trying to remove it later. Of course, this approach would allow me to take longer subs, too

Toby - I only used levels in CS3 on these images

cheers

Paul

Archived